* Burial analysis

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
Ron Melby
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Burial analysis

Post by Ron Melby »

what I am trying to come to terms with and figure out some reasonable outcome, is

we are a more mobile society this side of the pond, and have a lot more ....'religions'...
so I am reading famiilies to find out where they are buried as family groups.

I am not sure how to deal with or determine the situations (of at least)
CHILD although married is buried in parents cemetery
CHILD although married is buried in 'spouses' cemetery
they are buried where they fall as they migrate across country
although I have , figured no good way yet to track thru the thread of FAM I know that an older marriage will be a set of stakes, and a newer marriage a different set of stakes in the ground... (since I cannot figure out a good algorithm, I am multiply writing people. That is, in the ABSURD, a Gal marries 14 times ends up with nobody is still buried in 'parents' cemetery, shows up 14 times. I would like to expand it to places and times for multiple people and see how they hooked up.
FH V.6.2.7 Win 10 64 bit
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Burial analysis

Post by tatewise »

Unfortunately that description is too vague to offer any advice.
You need to be more precise in the definition of what you want to analyse.
That imprecise definition is probably why you are having difficulty achieving a solution.

I'm not sure why you think you are a more mobile society that side of the pond :?
Most European countries, including the UK, established colonies all round the world.
The UK Commonwealth includes Canada, some West Indies islands, New Zealand, Australia, Hong Kong, India, many African states, plus many more. Families from UK migrated to and from those worldwide places. My family and those of friends have relatives in some of those places. So be careful about generalisations that might upset us, especially if you want our help. :roll:
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Ron Melby
Megastar

Post by Ron Melby »

I mean in country.
I have English relatives they have as far as I have been able to look back, been in the Tenterden, Bethersden, Ebony area, all in Kent. They are buried in one or two churchyards Margarets or Mildreds.

One ran off to Austrailia, that offspring also congregates near Perth (very few) or Sidney(the bulk)
here, they are spread across 50 states, while you were colonizing abroad, we were colonizing in country. Today, and lets call it after WWII we have been 'colonizing' worldwide, and the graves are spread further across the globe.

The different names I have so far are in NY, MI, WI, MN, ND in bulk. so at some point I would like to do timelapse on distance from centers of attraction and see who pops up.

but lets consider graves.

PA is buried in Stiffyville Cemetery, Dismal Seepage Iowa
MA ditto
child A (F) Unionville Cemetery, Ypsilanti MI with her husband
child b ..Stiffyville
child c unknown
child d unknown
child e...m Unionville
child n...z mix of Unionville and Stiffyville.

it might lead to where c and d are....
this is a contrived case, but for instance, I can tell you over several cohort of different surnames, I am related to 95% of Mazeppa MN and over an even larger say thousand or so, there is an attraction center including Mazeppa, in about a 3 county area, where half my relatives are buried, I found quite by accident flipping thru a census, spanning several pages and determining it was a zigzag, that I found out how Sibley and Jarrett families became known to each other in Greene County NY, in a census. I am trying to determine (and I am sure your family has a great deal the same way in the days of yore, marriages were not serendipitous, but circumstantial, MA and PA did not live hundreds of miles from each other in the main. I am trying to have more serendipitous accidents, for finding people in clumps.
FH V.6.2.7 Win 10 64 bit
Ron Melby
Megastar

Post by Ron Melby »

had a war and peace tome, just wrote here, went in the bitbucket by way of fat fingers on small keyboard.

Tres Fou. Gotterdammerung, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego!!!

bottom line, I have been reflecting on this at lenght, no insight into the problem under discussion, but does assist in more locations.
FH V.6.2.7 Win 10 64 bit