* Export Gedcom Plugin given name used

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
gapperly
Gold
Family Historian: V7

Export Gedcom Plugin given name used

Post by gapperly »

I am using the Export Gedcom plugin v3.5 in FH 6.2.6 to create a gedcom for import into TNG.

I have selected the TNG export mode under the Basic Options and under the Extra Options Given Name 2_USED is set to Promote to 1_USED (TNG).

After running the plugin the query window shows that rule 43 did promote the given name from _2 USED to _1 USED. However, the query window also shows that rule 12 titled Companion Used has Removed entirely (Std) the recently promoted _1 USED.

Rule 12 Companion Used is not under Extra Options so I can't change it.

Was the deletion of the given name used the intended result, or have I missed something?
Gerald Apperly
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Export Gedcom Plugin given name used

Post by tatewise »

First a little housekeeping to avoid having to tell us your FH Version.
Please update your Family Historian Version in the Profile to the right of your posting.
Click your username gapperly top right of this web page and choose User Control Panel.
Then on its Profile tab, select your Family Historian Version, and scroll down to click Submit.

Whoops, sorry :oops:
That is a Plugin bug that needs to be fixed.
The 1 _USED tag was added to the HEADer in FH V6.1.4 and is removed by the Companion Used rule, but also has the unwanted side-effect you have spotted. No one else has noticed.
That will be corrected in the next Plugin version.
If you need it fixed urgently, then I can attach a prototype to this thread in the meantime.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
rfield
Diamond

Re: Export Gedcom Plugin given name used

Post by rfield »

I had just noticed this and was about to post.
I'm glad it has been spotted.
My workaround was to use "1 ALIA" and search and replace.

Thanks Mike & gapperly