* Search for Occupier, Address and Date

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
greenmaster
Gold
Family Historian: V7

Search for Occupier, Address and Date

Post by greenmaster »

Hi
I want to be able to search FH to see who was living at one particular address and the date that they were there.
Basically I suppose a timeline of the address?
I have looked a the plugin in store but can't see anything obvious.
Does such a plugin exist?
Personally I don't have the knowledge required to write one myself, unless it's very easy!

Hope someone can help.

Many Thanks

David
LornaCraig
Megastar

Re: Search for Occupier, Address and Date

Post by LornaCraig »

It may depend on how you use the Address and Place fields. Do you put everything in the Address field or split it between the Place field and the Address field? Is every address unique? (For example does "1 High Street" occur in relation to only one Place, Anytown, or do some occurrences of "1 High Street" relate to Anytown and some to Townsville?

If every address is unique, use Tools> Work with Data > Addresses and select the address of interest. Then click Where Used on the right. This will produce a result set showing all occurrences of the address. The second column shows the date, and you can click on this column heading to arrange the results in date order.

Note that this will include not just residence facts but all events at that address so there may be births and deaths, for example.
Lorna
BillH
Megastar

Post by BillH »

David,

This can probably be done with a query. I have a custom query which lists all facts with dates for a specified address. This might give you a starting point for what you want.
Attachments
All Facts for a specified address.fhq
(1.15 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Bill Henshaw
greenmaster
Gold

Post by greenmaster »

Hi
Thanks you Lorna and Bill.
Both work, Hooray.
I have used Lorna's but have will have to correct all my address fields :(
But Bill H's worked and I got he result I needed.
Thank you both very much.
Cheers

David