* Export Gedcom Plugin v3.5 changes 1 CHAN date

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
paultt
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Export Gedcom Plugin v3.5 changes 1 CHAN date

Post by paultt »

I am using FH 6.2.6 and the Export Gedcom Plugin v3.5 which I use to create a TNG UTF8 gedcom for import into TNG.

I have picked up an anomally in that the plugin is reading the original 1 CHAN date and time in the Individual records in the source gedcom and changing it to the date and time of the running of the plugin, and outputting that into the Exported UTF8 gedcom 1 CHAN fields in the Export folder. This is affecting the What's New records after the import into TNG.

The change in date appears to be as a result of the plugin internally changing a custom _ATTR created within FH to an EVEN

In the 'Extra Options' of the plugin, the Custom Attribute 1 _ATTR is set to Custom Fact & Value (Sdr ANC -FTM GSP GWC LFT RMG TNG ZPG)
In the 'Other Options' of the plugin, the Updated 1 CHAN drop down is set to Keep Optional Tag (Std= FH5)

It appears that the Family records are being exported with the correct date and times of change.
The original source gedcom data is not changed.

Please advise what other setting I need to do, to prevent the _ATTR change affecting the last change date and time.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Export Gedcom Plugin v3.5 changes 1 CHAN date

Post by tatewise »

I am sorry you are having a problem with the Export Gedcom File Plugin.
It should not alter 1 CHAN date & time anywhere, and I cannot repeat your symptoms.

The Extra Options you mention are correct, and the change from _ATTR to EVEN is correct.

How are you identifying that the 1 CHAN tags have been altered?

What I did, on completion of the Plugin, is to choose the Windows Notepad option from the Memo message, and then searched for the 1 CHAN tags, which still had original dates & times.
Do NOT use Family Historian option as that may disrupt the exported GEDCOM file.

Could you please provide more evidence of the altered 1 CHAN tags.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
paultt
Famous

Post by paultt »

Thanks for coming back to me, Mike.

I first noticed the issue in the What's New section in TNG, and spent a couple of hours trying to track down the issue in their code, and then noticed the changedate in the person's table was not the same as in my FH. Having read your response to me, I am now wondering if it is not caused by using split tree helper to remove private flagged individuals, and [[private]] notes in all others, and then a save. Removing the [[private]] notes would cause a CHAN date and time change in those left in the gedcom?
I will now test split tree helper removing private flagged individuals, unlinked media, notes, etc, BUT NOT the [[private]] notes.
I will try flagging the [[private]] notes to be removed by the plugin, and then compare.
I will report back.
paultt
Famous

Post by paultt »

Reporting back.......

By NOT deleting all [[private] notes in the Split Tree helper, and using the Export Gedcom Plugin to do that task, it looks like my initial issue has been resolved!

Thanks, Mike, even if you didn't do anything, using you as the second sounding and thought board worked.

I will now have to make a couple of changes to my 'Check List' routine, but well worth it.

Thanks again for being there, and for the Plugin.

Paul TT
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

I am glad that problem is sorted out OK.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry