* Change Note Field

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
TimTreeby
Famous
Family Historian: V6.2

Change Note Field

Post by TimTreeby »

I presume I need a plugin to do what I want, but not sure how to write the code as haven't tried writing any plugins yet.

Basically what I have in the Census Note Field is the relationship as given on the Census (e.g. Head/Wife/Son/Daughter etc). Have now decided to change how I record data. Could use more Note Fields etc, but makes it hard to quickly add the data.

So what I want is to now use Mata-Fields in the Note to show Marital Status, Relationship and Number in Schedule.

So what I want to do is change all my Census Note Fields, to show the Meta-Fields, but keep the current Note in the right place in the New Note.

So if current Note shows

Head

I would like the New Note to show

Relationship: Head
Number:

If anyone could write this plugin for me I would be grateful. Only needs to be quick and dirty and only needs to work for Census Event Notes. If I need it for other Notes etc, then can probably change the code myself, but really need a working copy first.
DavidNewton
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Change Note Field

Post by DavidNewton »

If I understand correctly your note currently contains only the relationship. If that is the case then the Search and Replace Plugin should do the job. I am including a screen shot of the settings
SearchReplace.JPG
SearchReplace.JPG (81.55 KiB) Viewed 3324 times
David
TimTreeby
Famous
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: Change Note Field

Post by TimTreeby »

Yes, that seems to do what I want.