* National characters in Export plugin

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
ogulbran
Gold
Family Historian: V7

National characters in Export plugin

Post by ogulbran »

I am using Gedsite to build my website based on a FH project. The “Export Gedcom File” plugin is used to include the sentence templates from FH in the gedcom file that is used by Gedsite. My language is Norwegian, and my data and sentence templates include national characters (æ,ø,å).

The plugin makes a gedcom that handles the data (names, places, notes etc.) correctly. But the sentence templates are exported with “strange” characters instead of my national characters. I use the character set encoding “UTF-8 with a Byte Order mark” (as recommended for Gedsite).

If I use “UTF-8 without a Byte Order mark” instead I get the opposite result. Sentence templates are correct – but other data is wrong… My workaround is to do both exports and copy from one file to the other. But hopefully there is a solution – or it can be fixed in a future release?

Best regards,
Øivind Gulbrandsen

tatewise
Megastar

Re: National characters in Export plugin

Post by tatewise »

Sorry Øivind, that is my mistake.
Forgot to cater for such characters in Sentence Templates correctly.
That will be fixed in the next Plugin version.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
ogulbran
Gold

Re: National characters in Export plugin

Post by ogulbran »

Thank you Mike!

Best regards,
Øivind