* Quick Family Facts update

For users to report plugin bugs and request plugin enhancements; and for authors to test new/new versions of plugins, and to discuss plugin development (in the Programming Technicalities sub-forum). If you want advice on choosing or using a plugin, please ask in General Usage or an appropriate sub-forum.
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Re: Quick Family Facts update

Post by Jane »

Mike, if you wanted to an "easy-ish" way to get a printable report would be to generate an HTML page, you already have all the data so hopefully it would not be to bad to fill in an HTML template rather than the iup screen. Then launch the default web browser to view (it would have the added advantage that you could then close the plugin window to work on entering data into FH.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Thanks Jane, that is an idea, although as you suggest, it won't be easy.

Also, if the users expect Print to send directly to printer, then a browser page still does not do that.
By the time it has opened and the File > Print command used, it might be just as quick to use the Snipping Tool.

The alternative interpretation is that Print saves an image that can be embedded in documents or Email, and again the browser solution does not achieve that.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Wilfreda99
Diamond

Post by Wilfreda99 »

Thanks Lorna for the tip re the diagram - have been saving them but never noticed I could tweak them like that - what a wally I am!

Thanks to Mike for Quick Family Facts final version.