* Vista to XP

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
somerlee
Gold
Family Historian: V5

Vista to XP

Post by somerlee »

I had a new PC which used Vista so tranferred my FH onto this machine from my old one which was XP. Now i have a new laptop which has XP. Can i transfer FH back into XP from Vista. I know that when i transferred into Vista there was something about the calico pie files that needed to be handled differently?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

ID:3844
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Vista to XP

Post by Jane »

If you are talking about gedcom/project files, there are no real changes if you want to copy custom diagram types or queries, just copy from the program data section in Vista to application data on XP.

See the Moving Settings in the knowledge base for more information.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
somerlee
Gold
Family Historian: V5

Vista to XP

Post by somerlee »

Thank you I will give it a go. Glad it is not a huge problem
RalfofAmber
Famous
Family Historian: None

Vista to XP

Post by RalfofAmber »

I have XP on my desktop and Vista on my laptop. I control where FH and gedcom census work to suit me, rather than be dictated to by windows. I use syncback to copy my desktop set up to a memory stick (8Gb!) and on the laptop work from the memory stick as an external drive.

So far no problems though I have yet to embrace the FH4 world of projects.