* Gedcom Import from RM

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
zlatarigirl
Gold
Family Historian: V6

Gedcom Import from RM

Post by zlatarigirl »

Hi, I have imported a Gedcom file from RM, and now I have lots of UID & AMTID with each person, Does anyone know of a quick way I can remove them? Thank You.
Last edited by tatewise on 10 Aug 2021 09:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Subject improved and post moved to Importing and Exporting
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Gedcom Import from RM

Post by tatewise »

Yes, please see the FHUG Knowledge Base Importing to Family Historian and the Suggested actions at the top refers to Uncategorised Data Fields (UDF) which links to Handling Uncategorised Data Fields where under The UDF List Plugin it explains how to delete unwantd UDF.

In Importing to Family Historian please see Import from RootsMagic (RM) especially for importing To Do Lists and Source Templates.

BTW: I've moved this post to the Importing and Exporting forum.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

Unless you are sure you are completely finished with RM, I would be tempted to leave the _UID tags as they are for the moment. It's a "Universal identifier" that was designed to identify individuals across different genealogy applications, so all the John Smiths of unknown birth can be distinguished from each other. FH has never supported it, so just stores it as a dumb tag and doesn't generate its own for new individuals. However, that is not to say that it never will. Compatibility with other apps is being continually improved by CP, so it is not impossible that _UID may be supported in the future.
Mark Draper
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

The discussion of _UID tags for GEDCOM Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) (19703) continues in that new posting.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry