* Exporting FH Gedcom to Charting Companion

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
Brella2
Family Historian: V7

Exporting FH Gedcom to Charting Companion

Post by Brella2 »

I’m a new user of FH v 7 and also this forum,and apologize if this topic has been raised and answered.
I prefer using the charting functions in Charting Companion rather than FH charting options. I produce large wall charts and fan charts with descendants etc.

I love the feature of FH that allows me to save a group media once and provide links to the faces of everyone in the picture.
However, when exporting the Gedcom to Charting Companion the entire group appears in the persons thumbnail rather than only the linked face on trees when I view them in Charting Companion.
Is there anyway to crop out the face in a group media picture rather than link it and save the thumbnail of the face only in the media for a specific person?
Currently I’m copying group pictures to windows paint and cropping there then adding the cropped face only into the target person. Which of course is very tedious.
Thanks,
Bill Rella.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Exporting FH Gedcom to Charting Companion

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to the FHUG Bill.

The FH Face Frame feature is not supported by other products such as Charting Companion and there is no way of representing the Frame coordinates in a standard GEDCOM file.

The Export Gedcom File plugin from the Plugin Store has settings that automatically crop those Face Frames and creates an adjusted GEDCOM file to send to other products. Unfortunately, it has no specific preset option for Charting Companion so try the (Std) Standard GEDCOM Release 5.5 export mode to see if that works.

For background advice about using Plugins see FHUG Knowledge Base Family Historian Plugins.

For details of using the Export Gedcom File plugin use its Help & Advice pages, but if anything is not clear then ask again here.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry