* Calico Pie resolved my problem

Importing from or exporting to another genealogy program. This is the place to ask.
Peter_H_Williams
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Calico Pie resolved my problem

Post by Peter_H_Williams » 14 Jan 2021 13:50

My upgrade from V6.2.2 to V7 hit problems which I hadn't resolved. I was using a download from last October 7.0.0.10.7

The solution for me was this, its version 7.0.1.1.e. Here was CP's email:

"Please could you try going to https://www.family-historian.co.uk/install7 and downloading and installing the latest version 7 and see if that helps, I suspect your file has an end of file character in it somewhere it should not and the latest V7 should recover it."

Thanks again Mike

Peter

mjashby
Megastar

Re: Calico Pie resolved my problem

Post by mjashby » 14 Jan 2021 15:37

Peter,

Thanks for that link.

Calico Pie are obviously under pressure resolving issues and haven't got round to notifying the vast majority of users that this update has been posted either on their Website; or via the application itself which doesn't yet recognise that the update is available.

Mervyn

AdrianBruce
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by AdrianBruce » 14 Jan 2021 15:55

It probably also makes sense to do a "soft release" of fixes to people who have a specific issue, who know they have it and will check it, rather than get loads of people downloading "on spec" and then saying "But you haven't fixed my..."
Adrian

mjashby
Megastar

Post by mjashby » 14 Jan 2021 18:52

Adrian,

You are probably right, but new purchasers will automatically download the 'new' release and, as Calico Pie, haven't provided a change log, it's impossible to know with any certainty what has/has not been changed since the original release. Also, if someone has a 'help' issue with a an unknown release version....

Mervyn

tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by tatewise » 14 Jan 2021 19:38

This something that has been complained about before by users.
CP don't publish a detailed set of release notes with new features and fault corrections.
Coupled with no feedback for rectified support tickets, it means there is no definitive reference of what is fixed.
When asked about this, CP have said in the past they don't like publishing bug fixes for fear of bad publicity.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry