* Adding all spouses in a gedcom for export

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
rnorwood
Silver
Family Historian: V6

Adding all spouses in a gedcom for export

Post by rnorwood »

Hello.

I am trying to create a gedcom file of the descendants of a particular ancestor. What I cannot figure out is how to include all the spouses of his descendants. I am able to include his spouse with the "add relatives" button, but I don't want to have to add each spouse in a large family with several generations of descendants.

Isn't there a global function to do this? Like "add all spouses?" I can't find it.

Thank you!

Richard Norwood
LornaCraig
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Adding all spouses in a gedcom for export

Post by LornaCraig »

Yes, start with a small modification to the standard Descendants query. Open the Query window, select that query, then click the cog icon and select Save as Custom Query. Call it 'Descendants with spouses'. Now in this new Custom query on the Rows tab tick the Inc spouses of relatives box, bottom right.

Then when you use File>Import/Export>Export>GEDCOM file, click Add using Query at the bottom of the Select Records window. Select your new query and the starting person.
Lorna