* Help Please Importing from Rootsmagic 7

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
zlatarigirl
Gold
Family Historian: V6

Help Please Importing from Rootsmagic 7

Post by zlatarigirl »

Hi everyone, can anyone help me please. I have imported my tree into FH6 from Rootsmagic 7. I have been trying to clean things up before I get into really learning the program. As I was cleaning the colour coding facts that got dragged in from RM7. I noticed in the Individual Records Window these other facts, UID & AMTID, with lots of number after them. I have no idea what they mean and would it be safe to delete them. If so is there a quick way of doing it.

Kind Regards.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Help Please Importing from Rootsmagic 7

Post by tatewise »

I have improved the Subject and moved this to the more appropriate Importing and Exporting Forum.

Have you checked the how_to:import_from_roots_magic|> Import from RootsMagic (RM) advice?
Some of the export settings suggested there may eliminate some of the rogue data you are seeing.
I notice you asked about Import Gedcom from RM7 (15899) last year, and I gave same advice.
That was followed up with Duplicate Images (15903) but we don't get much feedback of how you got on.

UID and AMTID look like Identity Codes unique to Rootsmagic and so can be deleted.
They will probably be classified as Uncategorised Data Fields (UDF) by FH and the [kb]|[/kb] advice above explains how to deal with them.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
zlatarigirl
Gold
Family Historian: V6

Re: Help Please Importing from Rootsmagic 7

Post by zlatarigirl »

Hi Mike, thank you for taking the time to help me. I am sorry I didn't get back to you, but I had some family problems to tend to and come to terms with, sometimes life gets in the way.
Kind Regards.