* Remove birthdays, Sensitive information on Export

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
jffeudo86
Family Historian: V6

Remove birthdays, Sensitive information on Export

Post by jffeudo86 »

I wanted to create a gedcom file without sensitive information, specifically birthday. I don't see any checkbox for excluding birthdays. How do I do that?
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Re: Remove birthdays, Sensitive information on Export

Post by Jane »

There are a few ways to do this, the simplest is to first Export the data you want to share to a new file and open it Family Historian

You can now use several tools to remove the data you don't want to share. If you are mainly talking about living people you can use the"Clean Living Persons" plugin to remove lots of different data for recent people.

Another option is to use the Fact Query and select all the Birth facts on the result set and press the delete key.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Remove birthdays, Sensitive information on Export

Post by tatewise »

For more tips see how_to:exporting_gedcom_with_multimedia|> Exporting a Family Tree with/without Media especially if exporting to another product.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry