* Exporting part of my ancestry in FH in the direction of ancestors with all the persons (like uncles ect.).

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
kcuypers
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Exporting part of my ancestry in FH in the direction of ancestors with all the persons (like uncles ect.).

Post by kcuypers »

Hello,

I try the make a new ancestry in FH, with a new root person. The person I want is born in 1804. So I want all the persons before (uncle aunts...),but NOT the descendants.
I already try in export gedcom, select the person and use query ->" Ancestors", but I only ged a part of the persons, when I also use "All relatives", then I also get the descendants of the root person in 1804, and that I don't want.
Please help me.

Greetings

Koenraad
Jane
Site Admin

Re: Exporting part of my ancestry in FH in the direction of ancestors with all the persons (like uncles ect.).

Post by Jane »

Run the Add using the All relatives, then use the Remove using Query to remove descendants of your start person.

You could create a query to do the process in one go if it's something you want to do on a regular basis.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Exporting part of my ancestry in FH in the direction of ancestors with all the persons (like uncles ect.).

Post by tatewise »

Welcome Koenraad to your first FHUG posting.

One possible problem with the All Relatives Query is it might NOT find all relatives by Marriage.
For example, your uncle may have married a woman who was married twice.
The relatives of that other husband of your uncle's wife will NOT be included.

BTW: The same problem afflicts the All Relatives Diagram.

The solution is to select everyone with the same Relationship Pool number.
First use View > Standard Queries > Search For Orphans.
If everyone is listed in Pool number 1, use File > Import/Export > Export > GEDCOM File then Add All people and click Select, and skip the next step below.

Configure a Pool number column in the Records Window.
In the Records Window Individuals tab use Lists > Configure Record Window Columns.
Scroll to the bottom of left-hand list and double-click <Other...>.
Enter a Heading of Pool and Expression of =RelationPool() and click OK.
That should list a Column of Pool numbers, so note the Pool number of your 1804 root person.
Use File > Import/Export > Export > GEDCOM File then Add All people and click Select.
Click on the Pool column heading on the right to sort into order and select everyone NOT in the root person Pool, and click the < button in the middle to remove them.

Finally, select your 1804 root person on the right and use Remove using Query > Descendants as Jane suggested.

Where are you sending the 1804 root person's ancestors GEDCOM?
If to another genealogy product then it may need further processing.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
kcuypers
Platinum

Post by kcuypers »

Thanks Jane and Mike for the answer
I use the root person for someone else who only need a part of my ancestery., but not the descendants
For myself i need it later because i have about 14000 persons and about 14.000 deeds, and i want to split it later and use it again in FH.
I also use "John Cardinal's GedSite v2.05" and Mike's plugins "Export Gedcom File" in FH. (thanks for it).
My native language is Dutch so sorry if my English is not so good.

Greetings

Koenraad