* Accessing greyed out text fields

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
cyberbillp
Silver
Family Historian: V6

Accessing greyed out text fields

Post by cyberbillp »

Sorry,
I know this is probably simple, but I can't find it in help, or the new user fact, and there doesn't seem to be a plug in for it.

How do I access the greyed out text fields on the screenshot?
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (93.72 KiB) Viewed 4462 times
TimTreeby
Famous
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: Accessing greyed out text fields

Post by TimTreeby »

Basically you need to access them from the properties of the person, not the properties of the media, as they relate to the person.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

Yes, in that Links tab, scroll up to the Individual record listed as the root of those fields in your screenshot.
I know it will be an Individual record because the text is blue.
Select that record and the large arrow on the right of the toolbar in your screenshot will turn blue.
Click that Go To blue arrow and the Property Box of that Individual will open to allow editing.

BTW: That star-burst WWW is an Uncategorised Data Field (UDF) that is invalid Gedcom as far as FH is concerned.
See how_to:handling_unrecognised_data_fields|> Handling Uncategorised Data Fields (UDF) for options.
However, in this case I suggest you use the Change Any Fact Tag Plugin :-
  • Set the Source Tag Set: to <UDF Tags>.
  • Select a Source Tag Name: from its drop-list, in this case WWW UDF Tag.
  • Set the Target Tag Set: to Extended Set for imported Facts from other products.
  • Select the desired Target Tag Name: from its drop-list, in this case Web Address.
  • To perform the change click the green button below and use the Confirm Edit dialogue.
The Web Address fact will then appear on the Facts tab.

To discover more about the Extended Set and enable all its features see glossary:work_with_fact_sets|> Work with Fact Sets/Fact Types under Custom Facts from other Products.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
cyberbillp
Silver
Family Historian: V6

Post by cyberbillp »

That worked perfectly, thanks.