* Template Errors on GedSite after TMG import

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
cjdenbow
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Template Errors on GedSite after TMG import

Post by cjdenbow »

I recently used the FH direct TMG import routine to import my TMG database into FH. Everything seemed to go fine. However, once I exported using the plugin for GedSite and then made a site I find that I get multiple template errors. See the screenshot below. I've been struggling for the last week to figure out the root of this problem, and I'm completely stumped. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks. -- Carl

Carl Jón Denbow, Ph.D., Director of Communication Emeritus, Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, Athens, Ohio https://www.denbowtree.org My avatar is the battle flag of the 78th Ohio Volunteer Infantry in the U.S. Civil War.
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: Template Errors on GedSite after TMG import

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

What version of GedSite are you using? I *think* you need Version 4 to work with FH V7, but you'd be better asking on the GedSite support mailing list. (P.S. I'm not going to repeat this on the FH mailing list as prefer not to deal with the same query in two places.)
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Hi Carl,
Can you please confirm a few details.

Is this the first time you have attempted this process?
i.e.
Have you used the direct import from TMG before? Was it successful?
Have you used the plugin export to GedSite before? Was it successful?
As Helen asks, are you using the latest GedSite v4 that supports Source Templates?

Thinking about the TMG direct import to FH, do you expect the Source records to use Source Templates?
When examined in FH do the Source Citations and the use of Source Templates look OK?

Before using the Export Gedcom File plugin have you performed the tasks advised in the Help & Advice Page:
https://pluginstore.family-historian.co ... edcom-file

When you ran the Export Gedcom File plugin did you choose Export Mode: (GST) GedSite with its default options?
I hope you did NOT open the exported GEDCOM in FH before loading it into GedSite.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Carl is now discussing this direct with John Cardinal (author of GedSite), so I'm locking this topic.