* Unwanted source information from Ancestry Gedcom

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
johnhutchisonathome
Family Historian: V7

Unwanted source information from Ancestry Gedcom

Post by johnhutchisonathome »

I down loaded my family gedcom from Ancestry and opened in FH Now I have many unwanted source citations,can I delete all source info that does not have images in one time or do I have to delete one at a time
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Unwanted source information from Ancestry Gedcom

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to the FHUG John.

I have started a new thread for your topic, because it is significantly different from the one you replied to.
That was an upload to Ancestry, whereas yours is a download from Ancestry.

Have you reviewed the FHUG Knowledge Base Importing to Family Historian advice for Import from Ancestry website which suggests it is often better to Import from Family Tree Maker (FTM).
Maybe you have done that as you say you have Media attached to Sources, which cannot happen with an Ancestry GEDCOM.

You can bulk delete Source records as explained in the FHUG Knowledge Base Delete One or Many Records.
However, I would advise you to take stock of what you have before being too hasty.
At least take a Full Project Backup before deleting anything just in case you decide you want it back.

Deleting unwanted Citations is a different matter and will need a list of all those without Media.

It may be better if we understood where all these Source Citations have come from as FH does not invent them.
They must have all existed in Ancestry/FTM before you exported the GEDCOM.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry