* Export GEDCOM to TNG Website

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
joanchop
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Export GEDCOM to TNG Website

Post by joanchop »

Good Morning
At the end of last month I updated my ONS Istance website using the export GEDCOM plugin set for TNG. I have done this before with no problems. Checking through the website I noticed that some of the profiles had what looked GEDCOM printing in the Notes space; see David Silas Istance, Horace Redvers Istance and Gertrude Istance, see screen shot attached. Not sure if I have inadvertently done something wrong or if there is a problem with the GEDCOM? Hope you can help.
Thank you.
www.istance.one-name.net
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-10-02 105840.jpg
Screenshot 2020-10-02 105840.jpg (186.1 KiB) Viewed 3812 times
One Name Study - Istance (http://istance.one-name.net/)
Family Tree Surnames - Lyall, Phelps, Mackey
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Export GEDCOM to TNG Website

Post by tatewise »

Hi Joan,
It looks like you've run the Tools > Uncategorised Data command and put the culprits in a Named List called uncat data.

Everyone in a Named List will have a Note like that attached, and you have some options:
  1. If the Named List is no longer needed then delete it in the Records Window via the Lists command.
  2. In the plugin on its Extra Options tab change top left Named List Entry 1 _LIST: option to Remove entirely.
  3. On its Basic Options tab, try the top left (-) Brief Data mode , but that may exclude too much data for you.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
joanchop
Diamond

Post by joanchop »

Thanks Mike.
Found the named lists and deleted them both. Can't remember doing those!! There were two, "uncat" and one other, which had only one record.
In the Extra Options in the plugin, changed the Named List Entry1 option to Remove entirely.
On the Basic Options tab, kept the Full Brief mode.
Pressed Run and this Error Message came up: see copy below

[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\..."]:6580: table index is nil
stack traceback:
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\..."]:6580: in function 'doAnalyse'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\..."]:8032: in function 'ExportGedcom'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\..."]:7848: in function <[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\..."]:7838>
(tail call): ?
[C]: in function 'MainLoop'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\..."]:2464: in function 'ShowDialogue'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\..."]:7959: in function 'GUI_MainDialogue'
[string "C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\..."]:8133: in main chunknks
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

OK, I have found the problem.
I think it only occurs if you click Stop Exporting GEDCOM while it was exporting, and then restart the export without closing the plugin. That will be fixed in the next issue of the plugin.

If necessary, close the plugin by clicking its X Close button top right, and run the plugin again. It should be OK.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
joanchop
Diamond

Post by joanchop »

Yeah!!! All appears to be working.
Thank you so much Mike.
Exported TNG GEDCOM to website, have checked a few profiles and learnt a few things in the process. Can't be bad.
Thank you again.
Joan :D
rhodian
Gold

Post by rhodian »

Thanks, I was going to post the same issue!