* Find My Past free weekend

Got general Family History research questions - this is the place
gwilym'smum
Superstar
Family Historian: V6.2

Find My Past free weekend

Post by gwilym'smum »

Find My past has a free weekend 7th - 10th Sept and Lost Cousins newsletter is reporting that it covers world wide. Don't know if it will work to access the hints immediately but if not you can make a note of the hints then use the site.
Happy hunting
Ann :D
Researching Mayer, Parr/Parr, Simcock, Beech and all related families
Gowermick
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Find My Past free weekend

Post by Gowermick »

Thanks Ann,
Good time to remind people who have outstanding downloads, without a current FMP subscription, to download as much as they can, before the changes to FMP’s subscription/download policy come into effect. :D
Mike Loney

Website http://www.loney.tribalpages.com
http://www.mickloney.tribalpages.com
jbtapscott
Megastar

Post by jbtapscott »

The FMP website indicates "*British, Irish, US and World Newspapers, the PERiodical Source Index and UK Electoral Registers & Companies House Directors 2002-2018 are not included in this free access promotion"
Brent Tapscott ~ researching the Tapscott and Wallace family history
Tapscott & Wallace family tree
Jane
Site Admin

Re: Find My Past

Post by Jane »

Another useful aspect is they have the 2007-2017 Death Index, so if you have recent deaths you need details for including in most cases the date of birth of the deceased and a fairly good death location.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
arthurk
Superstar

Post by arthurk »

It's not the official GRO death index, but the one produced by Wilmington Millenium, which I think has been available at Ancestry for some time too.

The Wilmington Millenium database is called "United Kingdom Deaths 2007-2017", as opposed to the GRO's "England & Wales Deaths 1837-2007". I understand it has been compiled from a variety of non-official sources, and it's not complete. I know of several deaths in 2007-2017 which don't appear in it.
DavidNewton
Superstar

Post by DavidNewton »

Gowermick wrote:Thanks Ann,
Good time to remind people who have outstanding downloads, without a current FMP subscription, to download as much as they can, before the changes to FMP’s subscription/download policy come into effect. :D
According to the latest email I have, 5/9/2018, the deadline date is 30th September.

David
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Yes, see Findmypast changes to terms & conditions (16202) but I have not been given a deadline date yet.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry