* Will Version 7 be available on a CD

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
goodwin2
Famous
Family Historian: V6.2

Will Version 7 be available on a CD

Post by goodwin2 » 11 Jan 2021 08:31

I have purchased the Version 7 but had no choice as to a download or a CD. Will it become available on a CD? Or, can I copy it to a CD. I prefer that I have one rather than possibly having to install it again by another download.

Thanks.

GSB
GSB

Valkrider
Megastar

Re: Will Version 7 be available on a CD

Post by Valkrider » 11 Jan 2021 08:52

Calico Pie are the only ones who can definitively answer this question. However, it is highly unlikely as those who usually sell it on CD are only selling the download option. You can copy the install file to any media not just CD. I keep multiple copies on a couple of external drives and my NAS just in case the worst happens.

tatewise
Megastar

Re: Will Version 7 be available on a CD

Post by tatewise » 11 Jan 2021 11:14

These days many PC, especially laptops, do not have an optical CD/DVD drive at all.
We are regularly being asked how to install from CD on such machines.
Downloads are the way all major software suppliers have moved.
You can backup the download onto any medium for safe-keeping and copy it to any other machine just like any other files.
But do remember to save you account details and activation code too.
The FH licence only allows it to be installed on two PC at any one time, so the need for a CD is somewhat limited.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry