* family-historian@groups.io

The place to post news about genealogy products and services that might be of interest to other Family Historian users.
mezentia
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

family-historian@groups.io

Post by mezentia »

Got this this morning:
Hello,
You have been automatically removed from family-historian@groups.io because your Email Service Provider reported to us that message Re: Occupation, how to force FH to display the preferred Occupation? from family-historian@groups.io has been marked as spam.
We suggest that you check your spam folder as soon as possible to see if your Email Service Provider has diverted other legitimate messages into it.
You will receive no more emails from that group. If this was a mistake, you can resume your subscription within the next 7 days by clicking the following link:
Resume Subscription
Groups.io groups offer several options for controlling how much and what types of emails to receive. See this Help Center article for more information.
If this happens repeatedly please check with your Email Service Provider to learn about how they decide to send feedback reports to list services (such as Groups.io groups).
The Groups.io Team
I've re-subscribed. My service provider is Microsoft.
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Re: family-historian@groups.io

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

The mailing list does not belong to FHUG so you should post address your query to the mailing list.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

I have moved this to the Genealogy News Forum as it is not to do with the FHUG and certainly not an FH General Usage issue.

BTW: Others have been reporting the same issue in the Email Forum, and using Resume Subscription works.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

Just for information, I suspect groups.io does this as if a user (or a provider) marks a message as Spam, services like Amazons delivery service mark down the sender and may black list them completely.

So as soon as a message is sent to a spam folder by anyone, it can have knock on affects for a lot of people.

It is a common problem with any email lists as some people instead of unsubscribing from a list start reporting the messages as spam.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."