* FTM2019 upgrade

The place to post news about genealogy products and services that might be of interest to other Family Historian users.
GeneSniper
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

FTM2019 upgrade

Post by GeneSniper »

Not sure if this is for everyone who has been a FTM user or just some, but I recieved an email from MacKiev offering me an upgrade to to FTM 2019 including a years subscription to TreeVault for £29.95. I had free upgrade FTM 2014.1 and never made a purchase from MacKiev so not just an upgrade for customers.

I am just putting this up in case anyone keeps an old version of FTM and could maybe get a cheapish upgrade to FTM 2019 which also gives syncing to Ancestry.
William

* Illegitimi non carborundum *
Mark1834
Megastar

Re: FTM2019 upgrade

Post by Mark1834 »

Remember though that there is no easy option for keeping FH synced with FTM. If you’re happy to double entry everything, you might as well do it straight into Ancestry and cut out the middle man.
Mark Draper
GeneSniper
Superstar

Post by GeneSniper »

Not for me Mark, I just know a few peeps use more than one genealogy software and it’s a good deal if you use FTM
William

victor
Superstar

Post by victor »

I have FTM but always and only work on FH. From time to time I copy FH to FTM so provide me with links to Ancestry
davepacey
Famous

Post by davepacey »

Thinking about how long FTM 2019 has been out, maybe it is worth waiting for a new version?
Dave Pacey - Lincolnshire UK
GeneSniper
Superstar

Post by GeneSniper »

Hi Dave/Victor,

https://www.mackiev.com/offers/ftm2019/ ... edition=uk This is the link to the upgrade. It is a 3 day offer so and I got the email on the 30th Nov, so I presume it will run out tomorrow.

There was also a whole load of info in the email and it had this bullet pointed:-
"No more upgrade costs, guaranteed for a year.
Just in case you were worried you'd be upgrading only to find out the new version you just bought is already obsolete a few days later, that's not going to happen. This upgrade offer includes a guarantee that you won't pay for any updates or upgrades we introduce for at least a year."
William

davepacey
Famous

Post by davepacey »

I bought FTM 2019 in 2019 so it does not affect me anyway. I just wonder why after two years of hearing nothing from them why they decide to plug it now, maybe there is a new version in the pipeline.
Dave Pacey - Lincolnshire UK