* Ancestry again!

The place to post news about genealogy products and services that might be of interest to other Family Historian users.
Pam
Family Historian: V6

Ancestry again!

Post by Pam »

Sorry but I can't link my FHUG and my Ancestry subscription! I don't have an Ancestry Tree or any other on line just a subscription and would like to see the Ancestry hints even if I may probably ignore them. Has anyone got around this problem?
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Ancestry again!

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

FH doesn't support hints from Ancestry, only Findmypast and MyHeritage.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

Pam, you say you "can't link my FHUG and my Ancestry subscription".
This website is the Family Historian User Group (FHUG) and has no subscription.

If you are talking about Internet Data Matches on the Focus Window of the Family Historian program, then as Helen says, Ancestry is not supported, only FindMyPast and MyHeritage.
However, see how_to:internet_data_matches|> Internet Data Matches that gives more details and refers to two Plugins that offer a similar data search capability for Census and BMD records in Ancestry and other online records.

Since you have an Ancestry subscription, you could upload a GEDCOM to its Family Tree feature and then 'hints' would appear in that online tree, but they need to be treated with caution, and researched to your own satisfaction.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Pam
Family Historian: V6

Post by Pam »

Many thanks for your replies. I am glad I haven't been doing something wrong! I'm not keen to have a tree on line at this point so thanks for the words of caution too and yes, I did mean Family Historian! Thank you