* New Windows 10 Clipboard History

The place to post news about genealogy products and services that might be of interest to other Family Historian users.
DavidNewton
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

New Windows 10 Clipboard History

Post by DavidNewton »

I see the latest update of Windows 10 finally has a simple clipboard history built-in, accessed via <WinKey>+V once it is switched on, The first time you try <WinKey>+V the option to switch it on comes up.

David

Added in Edit. Noted also that pinned items (pin icon in top right corner of an item) survive a Windows shutdown.
davidm_uk
Megastar

Re: New Windows 10 Clipboard History

Post by davidm_uk »

Do you mean the 1809 version that has started being rolled out this month, (also being called the October 2018 update)?
David Miller - researching Miller, Hare, Walker, Bright (mostly Herts, Beds, Dorset and London)
DavidNewton
Superstar

Post by DavidNewton »

Yes. 1809 build 17763.1 I have.
Martin Tolley
Diamond
Family Historian: V6

Post by Martin Tolley »

I don't know about others, but my experience of this so far is that it's a bit flaky. Using it once seems fine, and the wee box that has your clippings in, is bottom right of my main screen (2 monitor set up). Using it again seems to activate the box and it follows my cursor around, or randomly pops up somewhere else. Perhaps I'm using it incorrectly, but currently it's more a nuisance than a convenience.
DavidNewton
Superstar

Post by DavidNewton »

I agree, it is not the best implementation. There is also some confusion over the latest Windows update as it seems that Microsoft have stopped automatic update, for now, because of issues regarding deletion of personal files. If clipboard history is a problem it can be switched off. Type clipboard into the taskbar search and Clipboard settings will be the top of the list. From there you can toggle the history on/off.

David