* FTM 2014/2017 Updates

The place to post news about genealogy products and services that might be of interest to other Family Historian users.
victor
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

FTM 2014/2017 Updates

Post by victor »

I made a cardinal error in upgrading FTM to version 2014.1 It was a free upgrade but paid to have the DVD delivered. A few days later I learned that version 2017 was being released. This is by the new owners of FTM. FTM 2014.1 (an earlier versions) will lose the Ancestry link.

This is copied from an email I received

INTRODUCING FTM 2017
A month ago at the RootsTech conference in Salt Lake City we showed off a preview of FTM 2017 for Mac and Windows. It will be released on Friday, March 31st and it's available to pre-order at a discount today. Here's some of what you can expect:

– FamilySync – This is our replacement for TreeSync® which Ancestry is about to retire (see “Good Bye TreeSync. Hello FamilySync”, below). It's what you'll need to get Ancestry hints, search, merge after the era of TreeSync comes to a close.

– Connecting to FamilySearch – This adds more than a billion new records to search for finding relatives and does it in a way that's very similar to how it works with Ancestry searches, hints and merging now.

– Color Coding – Helps to keep your lines straight and know where you are at any time when working on your tree. Plus we have heard about discoveries that our beta testers are making in how their ancestors are related that they never knew before.

– Photo Repair – Taking what looks like a hopelessly faded photo from your treasure box where almost no details are visible and see it come back to life is very cool. (My Mom really likes this feature.)

WHAT'S NEW IN FTM 2017 – (RootsTech Product Card)
http://www.mackiev.com/RootsTech/FTM_flyer.png

PRICES AND PRE-ORDERS

First question — what's it cost? Well, it depends. First of all we wanted to say thank you to all those who took a chance on us by buying a MacKiev edition during our first year as publisher. If you PAID for a copy of FTM 2014.1 or Mac 3.1 (both introduced in March 2016), your copy of FTM 2017 is FREE and you will be notified by email when yours is available.

How to check: In case you're not sure whether you purchased a copy from us or not, we've set up a Verification Center so you can find out. Note that buying media (CD, DVD or USB) or additional licenses (Family Pack) while picking up a free update does not qualify as buying the update itself.

For the rest of you who own an older edition of Family Tree Maker, if you are ready to jump on in, now's the time to do it. From now until March 31st we are offering a pre-order price of £29.95. After that it will be £39.95 for upgrades for a limited time. Click here to pre-order now. The full price, which is only for newcomers, is £79.95.