* Gedcom Census Flags amp; V4

Gedcom Census is a discontinued program and has been replace by Ancestral Sources.
smol
Platinum
Family Historian: V6

Gedcom Census Flags amp; V4

Post by smol »

I have created a new project as the instructions only to find that the census flags did not feature in the diagram. As it was a file I have not looked at for sometime I assumed that I had not set the flags. So spent some time trying to remember how to do this but could not get the flags to show. I can set each one manually.
If I go to my original Gedcom file the flags are all there !
I have made 3 other projects that all show the census flags so I am wondering why this file did not transfer fully into V4.
Shirley

ID:3692
NickWalker
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by NickWalker »

So if you open the original file in FH4 you can see the flags but if you open the version converted to a project the flags are not in there? So you're suggesting the flags got lost during the conversion? Where are you looking for the flags? In the record window? Or do you mean the icons added to the diagram aren't showing? Although this presumably can't be a Gedcom Census isssue, if you want to email me a copy of the GEDCOM file thats in the project folder I'll take a look if you want? (nick at gedcomcensus dot com)
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
smol
Platinum
Family Historian: V6

Post by smol »

Nick
Sorry if I did not explain what was happening very well.
I was referring to the fact that the census icons were not showing in the diagram of the project but were showing in the gedcom file in V4.
I deleted the project and started again to make another project with this same file. This time I got an exception report
Excluded:invalid(exceeds max):'2_UK_census_186  (then UK census 1861 I think)
It asked me if I wanted to validate which I did and then when I opened the diagram in the new project the census icons were there !
It was one of the first files I set up a long time ago so perhaps there was a problem with it?
I am not very technical I'm afraid.
Going on holiday tomorrow so have no more time to play now. If the problem reappears I'll come back to you if I may.
Thanks for your help
Shirley
NickWalker
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by NickWalker »

There was an issue with some flag names created in an older version of Gedcom Census (5.3) so maybe the report you got was related to that. Anyway if you need help after your holiday please get back in touch via email. Have a great time!

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/