* Enhancement request

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
ColinMc
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Enhancement request

Post by ColinMc »

I'm re-posting this request as the topic got diverted from the original topic, and may have been missed by Nick.

When adding an image in AS, a dialog box always appears saying "Do you want to copy the selected image into your project folder">

I manage ALL (ie non genealogy - the vast majority - as well as the small percentage used for genealogy) my many thousands of photos in Lightroom with storage on a separate disk, I choose not to copy/move them into the project folder. My backups are managed independently of FH using Acronis. I suspect I am not alone in not using the project folder, although I suspect the vast majority probably do. There probably is a small (? tiny) but significant minority who choose not to use it however.

The result is that in 100% of cases, I never want to answer that dialog box with a yes. I suspect that others who do not store in the project folder will have a similar % of non-use. As a (low priority) future enhancement could it be possible to have a preference setting to suppress that question?

On the same (add image) screen with the image viewer showing, at the foot, we have a Save and a Cancel Button. Again as a low priority issue, could it be an option to include a "Save & Close" button as well? My guess is that in probably 95%+ of cases, I select Save followed immediately by Close, as a single image is being added. Again I suspect this would apply to many others.
Colin McDonald - Researching McDonald, McGillivray, Tait, Rountree families
NickWalker
Megastar

Re: Enhancement request

Post by NickWalker »

Sorry Colin, I've had a bit of a hectic week so hadn't let you know, but I implemented both these suggestions a few days ago in the version of AS that I'm currently working on so these should appear soon.

Cheers

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
ColinMc
Superstar

Re: Enhancement request

Post by ColinMc »

|excellent. Many thanks. Much appreciated
Colin McDonald - Researching McDonald, McGillivray, Tait, Rountree families