* Issue with "Edit|Add new empty row (person not in file)"

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
Kai Chandler
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Issue with "Edit|Add new empty row (person not in file)"

Post by Kai Chandler »

Using v7.4.1 64bit, the button 'Add new empty row (person not in file) adds a new row as expected but the menu equivalent Edit | Add new empty row (person not in file) does nothing. Am I using it wrongly?
NickWalker
Megastar

Re: Issue with "Edit|Add new empty row (person not in file)"

Post by NickWalker »

No Kai - it looks like I added the menu item but didn't hook it up properly - just use the toolbar button for now, I'll fix this in the next version.
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
Kai Chandler
Diamond

Post by Kai Chandler »

good to know it's not me! thanks!
mezentia
Superstar

Post by mezentia »

I'm about to try out the new AS verson and add new empty row, but may I suggest taking things a small step further, and having an Add Unrelated Person option that pops up a form to add the person's census details and, on confirming the entry, populates the next row with the appropriate details, offering to retain the data for the next person?

In the past I have used the Modify Table option to insert rows to add unrelated people, but then adding the information gets a bit tedious if there's a lot of entries and many fields have the same contents, e.g. surname, occupation, birthplace.