* Marriage Witnesses

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
Johnr65
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Marriage Witnesses

Post by Johnr65 »

Would it be simpler to delete this version of AS and install another one? This of screen shots is too complicated for me to attempt.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Reinstalling AS does not usually reset the options and template settings.
So your customizations will remain the same.
Screenshots are not too difficult, see Forum Usage Tips Attachments and Taking Screenshots.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
NickWalker
Megastar

Post by NickWalker »

Johnr65 wrote: 25 Apr 2022 10:03 Would it be simpler to delete this version of AS and install another one? This of screen shots is too complicated for me to attempt.
Can't you at least just paste in the autotext template as I asked - that doesn't require a screenshot. For example here is the "Marriage Certificate 1837- (England/Wales)" - In your version I'd expect to see the ASSOCLIST[Witnesses].COMMA in the last line would say ASSOCLIST[_Witnesses].COMMA if you've updated it correctly.
{RTF-TITLE}Certified Copy of an Entry of Marriage
{YEAR}, Marriage solemnized at {ADDR} in the Parish
of {PLACE.SHORT} in the County of {RTF-TITLE.OFF}

<table="{RTF-WIDTH1}|{RTF-WIDTH4}|{RTF-WIDTH7}|{RTF-WIDTH2}|{RTF-WIDTH3}|{RTF-WIDTH4}|{RTF-WIDTH7}|{RTF-WIDTH7}|{RTF-WIDTH7}">
{RTF-HEAD}<row> No. | When Married. | Name and Surname. | Age. | Condition. | Rank or Profession. | Residence at the time of Marriage. | Father's Name and Surname. | Rank or Profession of Father. </row>{RTF-HEAD.OFF}
{RTF-NORMAL}<row> | {DATE} | =LINKIND[{KEYPERSON.ID}%{KEYPERSON.FULL}] | =IF[=EQUALS[{KEYPERSON.AGE.SHORT}%\>21]%Full%=IF[=EQUALS[{KEYPERSON.AGE.SHORT}%\<21]%Minor%{KEYPERSON.AGE.SHORT}]] | {KEYPERSON.MARITALSTATUS} | {KEYPERSON.OCCUPATION} | =IF[{KEYPERSON.RESIDENCE.ADDRESS}%{KEYPERSON.RESIDENCE.ADDRESS}, %]{KEYPERSON.RESIDENCE.PLACE.SHORT} | =LINKIND[{KEYFATHER.ID}%{KEYFATHER.FULL}] =IF[{KEYFATHER.DECEASED}%{KEYFATHER.DECEASED} %] | =IF[{KEYFATHER.OCCUPATION}%{KEYFATHER.OCCUPATION}%-] </row>
<row> | | =LINKIND[{SPOUSE.ID}%{SPOUSE.FULL}] | =IF[=EQUALS[{SPOUSE.AGE.SHORT}%\>21]%Full%=IF[=EQUALS[{SPOUSE.AGE.SHORT}%\<21]%Minor%{SPOUSE.AGE.SHORT}]] | {SPOUSE.MARITALSTATUS} | {SPOUSE.OCCUPATION} | =IF[{SPOUSE.RESIDENCE.ADDRESS}%{SPOUSE.RESIDENCE.ADDRESS}, %]{SPOUSE.RESIDENCE.PLACE.SHORT} | =LINKIND[{SPOUSEFATHER.ID}%{SPOUSEFATHER.FULL}] {SPOUSEFATHER.DECEASED} | =IF[{SPOUSEFATHER.OCCUPATION}%{SPOUSEFATHER.OCCUPATION}%-] | </row>
</table>

Married in the Parish Church according to the Rites and Ceremonies of the Church of England {MARRIAGETYPE} by me, =IF[{MINISTER}%{MINISTER}%=IF[{ASSOCLIST[Minister].COMMA}%{ASSOCLIST[Minister].COMMA}%=IF[{ASSOCLIST[Priest].COMMA}%{ASSOCLIST[Priest].COMMA}%=IF[{ASSOCLIST[Rabbi].COMMA}%{ASSOCLIST[Rabbi].COMMA}%]]]].
This Marriage was solemnized between us, =LINKIND[{KEYPERSON.ID}%{KEYPERSON.FULL}] and =LINKIND[{SPOUSE.ID}%{SPOUSE.FULL}] in the Presence of us, {ASSOCLIST[Witnesses].COMMA}{RTF-NORMAL.OFF}
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
Johnr65
Megastar

Post by Johnr65 »

I'll try:
{RTF-TITLE}Certified Copy of an Entry of Marriage
{YEAR}, Marriage solemnized at {ADDR} in the Parish
of {PLACE.SHORT} in the County of {RTF-TITLE.OFF}

<table="{RTF-WIDTH1}|{RTF-WIDTH4}|{RTF-WIDTH7}|{RTF-WIDTH2}|{RTF-WIDTH3}|{RTF-WIDTH4}|{RTF-WIDTH7}|{RTF-WIDTH7}|{RTF-WIDTH7}">
{RTF-HEAD}<row> No. | When Married. | Name and Surname. | Age. | Condition. | Rank or Profession. | Residence at the time of Marriage. | Father's Name and Surname. | Rank or Profession of Father. </row>{RTF-HEAD.OFF}
{RTF-NORMAL}<row> | {DATE} | =LINKIND[{KEYPERSON.ID}%{KEYPERSON.FULL}] | =IF[=EQUALS[{KEYPERSON.AGE.SHORT}%\>21]%Full%=IF[=EQUALS[{KEYPERSON.AGE.SHORT}%\<21]%Minor%{KEYPERSON.AGE.SHORT}]] | {KEYPERSON.MARITALSTATUS} | {KEYPERSON.OCCUPATION} | =IF[{KEYPERSON.RESIDENCE.ADDRESS}%{KEYPERSON.RESIDENCE.ADDRESS}, %]{KEYPERSON.RESIDENCE.PLACE.SHORT} | =LINKIND[{KEYFATHER.ID}%{KEYFATHER.FULL}] =IF[{KEYFATHER.DECEASED}%{KEYFATHER.DECEASED} %] | =IF[{KEYFATHER.OCCUPATION}%{KEYFATHER.OCCUPATION}%-] </row>
<row> | | =LINKIND[{SPOUSE.ID}%{SPOUSE.FULL}] | =IF[=EQUALS[{SPOUSE.AGE.SHORT}%\>21]%Full%=IF[=EQUALS[{SPOUSE.AGE.SHORT}%\<21]%Minor%{SPOUSE.AGE.SHORT}]] | {SPOUSE.MARITALSTATUS} | {SPOUSE.OCCUPATION} | =IF[{SPOUSE.RESIDENCE.ADDRESS}%{SPOUSE.RESIDENCE.ADDRESS}, %]{SPOUSE.RESIDENCE.PLACE.SHORT} | =LINKIND[{SPOUSEFATHER.ID}%{SPOUSEFATHER.FULL}] {SPOUSEFATHER.DECEASED} | =IF[{SPOUSEFATHER.OCCUPATION}%{SPOUSEFATHER.OCCUPATION}%-] | </row>
</table>

Married in the Parish Church according to the Rites and Ceremonies of the Church of England {MARRIAGETYPE} by me, =IF[{MINISTER}%{MINISTER}%=IF[{ASSOCLIST[Minister].COMMA}%{ASSOCLIST[Minister].COMMA}%=IF[{ASSOCLIST[Priest].COMMA}%{ASSOCLIST[Priest].COMMA}%=IF[{ASSOCLIST[Rabbi].COMMA}%{ASSOCLIST[Rabbi].COMMA}%]]]].
This Marriage was solemnized between us, =LINKIND[{KEYPERSON.ID}%{KEYPERSON.FULL}] and =LINKIND[{SPOUSE.ID}%{SPOUSE.FULL}] in the Presence of us, {ASSOCLIST[_Witnesses].COMMA}{RTF-NORMAL.OFF}
NickWalker
Megastar

Post by NickWalker »

That looks OK I think, so if the witnesses you've selected are not showing when you use this template then that suggests the _witnesses 'Associated Individual Type' hasn't been set up correctly. It should look like this:
_Witnesses.png
_Witnesses.png (81.58 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
Nick Walker

Johnr65
Megastar

Post by Johnr65 »

Hi Nick, I've not seen that screen before? How do I get to that screen that you show? Can you take me to it, step by step, please?
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

We discussed that last week John. See https://www.fhug.org.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 07#p124287.
After selecting Witnesses highlighted in that screenshot, click the Edit... icon to reach the screenshot shown by Nick.
Johnr65
Megastar

Post by Johnr65 »

We might have discussed it last week, Mike, but I still don't know where to find the Witness screen shown in Nick's screenshot; I know where the autotext template for Marriages is but can't find that screen within it?
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

It is not in the Tools > Autotext Template Editor... dialogue.

As shown in my earlier screenshot, it is in the Further Info tab of the main Marriage entry window.
NickWalker
Megastar

Post by NickWalker »

This is the specific post that Mike is referring to where he showed you where to edit the Witness information:

https://www.fhug.org.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 14#p124287

And then...
tatewise wrote: 26 Apr 2022 09:50 After selecting Witnesses highlighted in that screenshot, click the Edit... shortcut to reach the screenshot shown by Nick.
Nick Walker

Johnr65
Megastar

Post by Johnr65 »

Yes I think I might have found it under Tools, Options and using the drop down list to show Marriage Settings and using Edit to add _Witness and descriptions.
Thank you for your patience with this old technophobe!
:oops: :| :roll:
Johnr65
Megastar

Post by Johnr65 »

I've set it up as you suggested Nick and Mike but still the witnesses are not shown on the Scottish ones? The only one that shows witnesses is the R Generic Marriage Data only?
:?: :?:
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

John, please post a text copy of the Auto-Text Template that does not work for you. (As you did Monday.)

Does it use ASSOCLIST[_Witnesses] ?

You say "The only one that shows witnesses is the R Generic Marriage Data only".
So have you tried all the others?

It is a good idea, if every time you have a problem with an Auto-Text Template, that you post a text copy of it here so we can advise what might be wrong with it. Otherwise, we are just guessing.
Johnr65
Megastar

Post by Johnr65 »

Well here it is:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (240.08 KiB) Viewed 2086 times
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

John, that is the _Witnesses definition, which is OK, but we need to see the Auto-Text Template that does not work.
NickWalker
Megastar

Post by NickWalker »

Johnr65 wrote: 27 Apr 2022 15:16 I've set it up as you suggested Nick and Mike but still the witnesses are not shown on the Scottish ones? The only one that shows witnesses is the R Generic Marriage Data only?
:?: :?:
The scottish template is shown below. You will see the Witnesses reference towards the end so you need to have changed that to _Witnesses in exactly the same way as you did with the 1837 template we discussed the other day.
{RTF-TITLE}{YEAR} MARRIAGES in =IF[{ADDR}%{ADDR.SHORT}, %]{PLACE.SHORT}{RTF-TITLE.OFF}

<table="{RTF-WIDTH1}|{RTF-WIDTH7}|{RTF-WIDTH7}|{RTF-WIDTH2}|{RTF-WIDTH5}|{RTF-WIDTH7}|{RTF-WIDTH7}|{RTF-WIDTH6}">
{RTF-HEAD}<row> No. | When, Where, and How Married. | Signature of Parties. Rank or Profession whether Single or Widowed, and Relationship (if any). | Age. | Usual Residence. | Name, Surname, and Rank or Profession of Father. Name and Maiden Surname of Mother. | If a regular Marriage, Signatures of officiating Minister and Witnesses, if irregular, Date of Conviction, Decree of Declarator, or Sheriff's Warrant. | When & Where Registered, and Signature of Registrar. </row>{RTF-HEAD.OFF}
{RTF-NORMAL}<row> | {YEAR}.
{RTF-HEAD}on the{RTF-HEAD.OFF} {RTF-NORMAL}{DATE.DAY}{RTF-NORMAL.OFF}
{RTF-HEAD}day of{RTF-HEAD.OFF} {RTF-NORMAL}{DATE.MONTH.FULL}{RTF-NORMAL.OFF}
{RTF-HEAD}at{RTF-HEAD.OFF}{RTF-NORMAL} =IF[{ADDR}%{ADDR.SHORT}, %]{PLACE.SHORT} | Signed: =LINKIND[{KEYPERSON.ID}%{KEYPERSON.FULL}]=IF[{KEYPERSON.OCCUPATION}%, {KEYPERSON.OCCUPATION}%]=IF[{KEYPERSON.MARITALSTATUS}%, {KEYPERSON.MARITALSTATUS}%] | {KEYPERSON.AGE.SHORT} | =IF[{KEYPERSON.RESIDENCE.ADDRESS}%{KEYPERSON.RESIDENCE.ADDRESS}, %]{KEYPERSON.RESIDENCE.PLACE} | =LINKIND[{KEYFATHER.ID}%{KEYFATHER.FULL}]=IF[{KEYFATHER.DECEASED}% {KEYFATHER.DECEASED}%]=IF[{KEYFATHER.OCCUPATION}%, {KEYFATHER.OCCUPATION}%]=IF[{KEYMOTHER}%=IF[{KEYFATHER}% and =LINKIND[{KEYMOTHER.ID}%{KEYMOTHER.GN} {KEYFATHER.SN}, M.S. {KEYMOTHER.SN}]% =LINKIND[{KEYMOTHER.ID}%{KEYMOTHER.FULL}]] {KEYMOTHER.DECEASED}%] | =IF[{MINISTER}%Signed {MINISTER}%=IF[{ASSOCLIST[Minister].COMMA}%Signed {ASSOCLIST[Minister].COMMA}%=IF[{ASSOCLIST[Priest].COMMA}%Signed {ASSOCLIST[Priest].COMMA}%=IF[{ASSOCLIST[Rabbi].COMMA}%Signed {ASSOCLIST[Rabbi].COMMA}%]]]] | {YEAR}
{DATE.MONTH.FULL}
at {PLACE.SHORT} </row>
<row> | {MARRIAGETYPE} according to the forms of the Church
| Signed: =LINKIND[{SPOUSE.ID}%{SPOUSE.FULL}]=IF[{SPOUSE.OCCUPATION}%, {SPOUSE.OCCUPATION}%]=IF[{SPOUSE.MARITALSTATUS}%, {SPOUSE.MARITALSTATUS}%] | {SPOUSE.AGE.SHORT} | =IF[{SPOUSE.RESIDENCE.ADDRESS}%{SPOUSE.RESIDENCE.ADDRESS}, %]{SPOUSE.RESIDENCE.PLACE} | =LINKIND[{SPOUSEFATHER.ID}%{SPOUSEFATHER.FULL}]=IF[{SPOUSEFATHER.DECEASED}% {SPOUSEFATHER.DECEASED}%]=IF[{SPOUSEFATHER.OCCUPATION}%, {SPOUSEFATHER.OCCUPATION}%]=IF[{SPOUSEMOTHER}%=IF[{SPOUSEFATHER}% and =LINKIND[{SPOUSEMOTHER.ID}%{SPOUSEMOTHER.GN} {SPOUSEFATHER.SN}, M.S. {SPOUSEMOTHER.SN}]% =LINKIND[{SPOUSEMOTHER.ID}%{SPOUSEMOTHER.FULL}]] {SPOUSEMOTHER.DECEASED}%] | Signed {ASSOCLIST[Witnesses].COMMA.AND} Witnesses | </row>
</table>{RTF-NORMAL.OFF}
Nick Walker

Johnr65
Megastar

Post by Johnr65 »

Yes I see that it wasn't edited with the _ on the Scottish record. Thank you once again.