* Ancestral sources, making a Danish template

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
Famquick
Silver
Family Historian: V6.2

Ancestral sources, making a Danish template

Post by Famquick » 20 Jul 2019 23:59

Hi!

Is it also okay to use æ, ø and å in the Ancestral sources thing when you make a new template? Like in the titles, notes and stuff like this?
Ancestral sources danish templates okay_3.jpg
Ancestral sources danish templates okay_3.jpg (96.61 KiB) Viewed 1318 times
or do I miss out on something or a function with FH6 and Ancestral sources if I don't write census stuff and the templates I make in English?

Another question if I were to check "Record even if no data entered", where does that recording go? Is it about if it's gonna show up if you decide to print out a census?

tatewise
Megastar

Re: Ancestral sources, making a Danish template

Post by tatewise » 21 Jul 2019 09:26

It is OK to use æ, ø, å, etc, in Ancestral Sources and FH V6.2 but those characters may not transfer to other genealogy products via GEDCOM if the other product does not support UNICODE or UTF-8 encoding.

However, where appropriate you must use a standard Column Type other than Generic.
So samtlige personers navn (peoples names) must NOT be Generic but MUST use Column Type: Name.
Likewise, Kønnet (Sex) MUST use Column Type: Gender and that impacts the List Items.
If you don't use those standard Column Type definitions then the Census will not be captured correctly.

Generic data is saved according to the Recording setting.
Have you read the Help (use Help button lower right) where the Recording options are explained?
If you have chosen Don't record (except in source text) as in your screenshot, then Record even if no data entered is ignored. If you choose one of the ... event local note options, then that is where the data is recorded. It is nothing to do with printing.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

Famquick
Silver

Re: Ancestral sources, making a Danish template

Post by Famquick » 21 Jul 2019 09:48

Oh I see thank you!:D