* Trouble installing on Crossover

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
KarenMG
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Trouble installing on Crossover

Post by KarenMG »

Afternoon,
I am not really sure where to ask this, but I am having trouble getting AS5 to install on Crossover, it hangs at the last stage - 'Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1'

I really want to get any issues ironed out with Crossover before my trial runs out, I don't want to pay the best part of £50 for it if I can't get it to work properly.
I have been running Parallels on my Mac previously so that I can still use FH & AS, but I don't want Parallels any more.

Please help
Valkrider
Megastar

Re: Trouble installing on Crossover

Post by Valkrider »

Karen

Have you read the Knowledge Base article I wrote about installing on Crossover?

If not then take a look at how_to:family_historian_v6_on_crossover_wine|> Family Historian V6 & Ancestral Sources V5 on Crossover, PlayOnLinux/Mac & Wine.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Trouble installing on Crossover

Post by tatewise »

This is a follow on from a [FHU] Email dialogue.

Karen, since you have been running Parallels you must have a valid Windows OS licence.
Why not try the free Oracle VirtualBox instead, but still with same Windows OS licence?
Then it is a genuine Windows environment so you won't get the problems you are having with Crossover which is an emulator.
See how_to:family_historian_ancestral_sources_on_oracle_virtualbox|> Family Historian & Ancestral Sources on Oracle VirtualBox.

Maybe you are not aware of the differences and the pros & cons of a Virtual Machine versus a Windows Emulator?

P.S.
I thought this was all sorted out with Getting rid of Parallels. What do you use? (15868) earlier this year?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry