* Help with Autotext - Birth

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
bonalymac

Help with Autotext - Birth

Post by bonalymac »

Some help please.

I have managed to make quite a few minor changes to my Auto text, but I'm struggling with this one.

This code

Code: Select all

Signature and Qualification of Informant and residence, if out of the House in which the Birth occurred. =IF[=EQUALS[{INFORMANT.IDENTITY}|FATHER]|{KEYFATHER.FULL} Father|=IF[=EQUALS[{INFORMANT.IDENTITY}|MOTHER]|=IF[=EQUALSNOT[{KEYFATHER.FULL}|<No Name>]|{KEYMOTHER.GN} {KEYFATHER.SN}|{KEYMOTHER.FULL}] Mother|=IF[{INFORMANT.JUSTNAME}|{INFORMANT.JUSTNAME}|{INFORMANT.FULL}] {INFORMANT.DESCRIPTION} =IF[{INFORMANT.RESIDENCE.ADDRESS}|{INFORMANT.RESIDENCE.ADDRESS}, |]{INFORMANT.RESIDENCE.PLACE.SHORT}]]
produces this result as a current example

Signature and Qualification of Informant and residence, if out of the House in which the Birth occurred. Angus McGillivray Father

I would like to amend it to include a comma before the Informant description, (and after if there is an informant address shown). My simple brain seemed to suggest that inserting a comma before the phrase "{INFORMANT.DESCRIPTION}" would do the first one, but it doesn't work.

I've tried the help files, but can't find the help I need. What am I missing please?

Thanks Colin
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Help with Autotext - Birth

Post by tatewise »

The template you posted does not have a comma just before {INFORMANT.DESCRIPTION}
When I include a comma there it works fine, providing Birth registered by other individual is chosen.

In your example you have chosen Birth registered by father so the {INFORMANT.DESCRIPTION} clause if excluded.

In if then else terms your template says:

Code: Select all

If Birth registered by father
	then display Father details
	else
		if Birth registered by mother
		then display Mother details
		else display Informant details
	end
end
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry