* Additional Information

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
bonalymac

Additional Information

Post by bonalymac »

When using the Add Images screen, the last dialog box is titled Additional Information.

What do other users use this for?

I know the glib answer is "anything you like", but I'd like to see if there are obvious uses I'm missing that might save me time later by utilising this field.
bonalymac

Re: Additional Information

Post by bonalymac »

Cant get my images to past inline. I get a screen message headed Clean Talk Spam protection when I try to preview. But it posted this time
Attachments
image info.jpg
image info.jpg (48.33 KiB) Viewed 3469 times
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

Sorry, but did you try clicking the Help button near the top (or just hit F1 key) where it explains:
If you are using an image title template that includes the {IMAGEINFO} tag, then you can use the Additional Information box to enter text to include in the multimedia object title (and the name of the file if the Rename option is ticked). For example, you may have a parish record source for a baptism which exists as a parish record and also a 'Bishops Transcript' copy. You could attach both images and use the Additional Information to label one of them 'Parish Record' and the other 'Bishops Transcript'. Or you might have a long and a short version of a birth certificate and both could be attached using the Additional information to distinguish between them. The default image title templates include the {IMAGEINFO} tag in brackets at the end, but if additional information is not entered then Ancestral Sources will automatically remove the unnecessary () brackets that would otherwise appear.
BTW: See Problem with Preview option when posting (15688).
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
bonalymac

Post by bonalymac »

Apols. I didn't see that.

I've just been checking all the AS options and reading the Help file for each and every field on the various Options screens, but I didn't look at help for this one.

I managed to understand and make a few changes overall but missed this one. Sorry