* Birth settings - method 1: minor caption error?

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
David2416
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Birth settings - method 1: minor caption error?

Post by David2416 »

Hi, Re this screenshot
2017-12-10 (1).png
I was looking to amend the Title showing in the top part of the screenshot. Removing ({ADDR}) achieves what I want.

Should the caption "Birth Method 1 Short Title Template" omit the word short?

Regards

David
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Birth settings - method 1: minor caption error?

Post by tatewise »

Yes, I reported that in Typo in Tools > Options > Birth settings - method 1/2 (14835) but Nick has not replied.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
David2416
Superstar

Post by David2416 »

Thanks Mike
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

BTW: David consider preserving your AS customised settings since you are changing things.
Use Tools > Backup A.S. Options whenever any Tools settings are changed.
Ensure the ...\Documents\Ancestral Sources\Settings/Logs/Backups folders are included in your backup regime.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
David2416
Superstar

Post by David2416 »

HI Mike,

Thank you for that suggestion. That is absolutely something I will need to do when I get to the stage of synchronising desktop with laptop.

At the moment I am working through the various issues with importing my FTM 2017 tree into FH 6.2.5. FH handles the import from the Gedcom VERY WELL. So well in fact that it has highlighted inconsistencies in the way I have recorded data over the last 15 years, at the start I was using PAF. Some of these I'm cleaning up in FTM others in FH.

I'm planning to use AS to re-input my Census Refs using Method 1, and most likely the BMD items handled by AS. Lumped sources worked fine in FTM but it doesn't export to a Gedcom neatly as it produces repeated data. There's some short term effort but I believe the long term results will be worth this. I have been looking through the extensive help and guidance on the forums and knowledge base. Though I have had to work out which bits remain relevant to FH 6.2.5

The major issues apart from the split/lumped source issue are the place and address handing issue (I have UDFs related to .PLAC.MAP.) and OBJE._FILE._DATE these I may raise in a separate thread.

Although my Family History research has temporarily halted I am keen to achieve a consistent well documented dataset which I am convinced FH will help me achieve.
Regards David