* Registrar

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
gwilym'smum
Superstar
Family Historian: V6.2

Registrar

Post by gwilym'smum »

Hi, I have just been entering 2 death cerificates. All went well, entered the Registrar's name. When I clicked save and the information came up instead of saying Registrar it said Minister. What have I done wrong please?
Ann
Researching Mayer, Parr/Parr, Simcock, Beech and all related families
NickWalker
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Registrar

Post by NickWalker »

Hi Ann

Did you enter the Registrar into the 'Registrar' box on the 'Further Info' tab at the top? If so, where is the word Minister appearing?

Cheers

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
gwilym'smum
Superstar

Post by gwilym'smum »

Hi Nick, yes I entered it in the Registrar box. When I have finished entering all the details I click save and a window appears with a digest of the information and the last on the list says Minister, but the name I entered for the Registrar appears. It is probably me not following the right procedures.
Regards Ann
NickWalker
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by NickWalker »

Ah I see what you mean. The window you're referring to isn't a digest of the information you've entered. It is just offering to retain the information you've entered for the next entry. The idea being that if you were, for example, entering a lot of death certificates for the same place and with the same registrar then that data can be retained for the next entry rather than clearing the boxes and forcing you to re-enter it again. By the time that box appears the entry you entered has already been saved. However, you're quite right: it is wrongly referring to the registrar as minister in that dialogue. I'll fix it for the next version, but rest assured that it isn't causing any problems with the way the data is recorded and is purely a cosmetic issue in that pop-up window.

Incidentally, if you're not using the 'Auto' button to create the source text, then there isn't any point entering the registrar at all as the only place that is saved is within the source text.

Hope that helps and thanks for reporting the glitch.

Nick
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
gwilym'smum
Superstar

Post by gwilym'smum »

Hi Nick,
Thank you for the explanation. I do click the auto text. It is good of you to get back so quickly.
Regards Ann