* Reviewing census data

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
gdow12
Silver
Family Historian: None

Reviewing census data

Post by gdow12 »

Hello - I've entered some census data directly into FH and some using the template in AS. I prefer the latter but now wish to go back and review census data that I've previously entered in AS. For example 1901 census data for place X showing family Y. How do I find this please, ie how do I find the template of the data I originally entered?

Regards.
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Re: Reviewing census data

Post by Jane »

Ancestral Sources is simply an entry aid it records the information directly into Family Historian. If you are using Method 1 you can quickly check all information cited against the source, by selecting the source and then either using View>Record Links or using the List All Citations for a Selected Source plugin
http://www.family-historian.co.uk/plugi ... ntry?id=29
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
gdow12
Silver

Post by gdow12 »

Thanks for the speedy reply Jane, I think I understand so will look into it. But what's meant by Method 1?

Regards,

Gordon.
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

When you set up Ancestral Sources you select what recording method you want to use. Method 1 is the default and creates a source for each page of census. See the AS help for more information.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
gdow12
Silver

Post by gdow12 »

Excellent, thanks again Jane.
victor
Superstar

Post by victor »

If you have entered census data before using AS just use AS and when you work that way it will tell you there is a census record on your FH and asks if you want to replace it.
You can check if both are the same person and say yes to replacing what you had added before. So there is no need to go through the names on the same census and delete the details. AS will do that when you say 'yes'

Victor