* Multimedia object titles

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
LizzieA
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Multimedia object titles

Post by LizzieA »

I have been using AS for my census, baptism and marriage records for some considerable time. I have just realised that I may not have been consistent when choosing titles for the resulting multimedia objects. My preference is for the title to match the source title, whereas I have some which match the file name instead.

Is there any simple way for me to amend the "wrong" titles without having to redo all the relevant entries? I have just upgraded FH to v5.

Many thanks

Lizzie
Jane
Site Admin

Re: Multimedia object titles

Post by Jane »

You can use a plugin to change them.

I have done a very quick one which is below. PLEASE Check what it does to your data very carefully and use the Edit>undo option if it's not what you want.
Set Source Media Titles to Source Title.fh_lua
(1.37 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
davidm_uk
Megastar

Post by davidm_uk »

Lizzie,

Why not make the source title, multimedia object title AND the file name all the same.

I usually save the file first (eg a JPG screen capture or download from Ancestry) with the title I want, at the same time copying the file title to the clipboard. Then when I create the source title I can just paste it in. Similarly when creating source records directly in FH itself.
David Miller - researching Miller, Hare, Walker, Bright (mostly Herts, Beds, Dorset and London)
LizzieA
Platinum

Post by LizzieA »

Jane wrote:You can use a plugin to change them.

I have done a very quick one which is below. PLEASE Check what it does to your data very carefully and use the Edit>undo option if it's not what you want.
Set Source Media Titles to Source Title.fh_lua
Thank you Jane, I'll give it a try over the weekend. I'm new to plugins so this will give me a chance to try one out.

Lizzie
LizzieA
Platinum

Post by LizzieA »

davidm_uk wrote:Lizzie,

Why not make the source title, multimedia object title AND the file name all the same.

I usually save the file first (eg a JPG screen capture or download from Ancestry) with the title I want, at the same time copying the file title to the clipboard. Then when I create the source title I can just paste it in. Similarly when creating source records directly in FH itself.

Thank you, that's very helpful.

Lizzie