* Records in FH5 using AS templates

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
aaj1945
Diamond
Family Historian: V6.2

Records in FH5 using AS templates

Post by aaj1945 »

Hi, it's me again, the geriatric novice!

Some months ago using the various AS templates I uploaded record data (see earlier post).

When my bound copy of 'Getting the most from FH5' finally arrived I began to work through it using the 'Sample Project' as very limited time permitted and today I've just done Chapter 12 which deals with Sources, Citations etc.

So, I thought at this point I would dip into the Copy of my own tree Project (900+ individuals)to see how FH5 has displayed the previously uploaded data & citations. I was horrified to find that every single individual appears to have the same list of records in the Records Window. I do not understand how this could have happened as I was using the AS  templates to enter the data.

What have I done wrong?
What would be the best way to correct the situation? Would it be merely to go through each of the 900 odd individuals and delete line by line the non-applicable 'records' in the Records Window or would it be more involved than that?

Getting my addled brain around FH5, remembering what I 'learned' two weeks previously (and finding the time to do it amid all the other calls on my time) is proving a struggle, so, reaching for my dunce's hat yet again, I would appreciate your advice.

ID:6373
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Post by Jane »

I suspect you are looking in the wrong place.

The Source Tab of the Records Window shows ALL sources, to view the ones attached to an individual you use
View>Record Links from the menu to see the records attached.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

Or, from the Focus Window, select any Individual and in their Property Box on the right, select the Facts tab.

There you should find Baptism, Marriage, or Census Facts entered via AS.

Ensure the yellow Source Citation pane is open by clicking yellow scroll Show Sources icon towards top right.

Select any of those Facts above and Sources should appear in the Source Citation pane.

Click the yellow triangular Go to Source Record icon towards middle right and the Source Record is displayed.
aaj1945
Diamond
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by aaj1945 »

Many thanks for the clarification; it is a relief to know that my fears were ill-founded.