* Moving Custom Property Box tab

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
LornaCraig
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Moving Custom Property Box tab

Post by LornaCraig »

Having just created a Custom Tab for the Property Box I find it has been placed second, immediately after the Main tab. I would prefer it to be the last tab, and have tried using Customize Property Box > More Tab Tasks but the option to Move Tab Down is 'greyed out'. Oddly, the option to Move Tab Up seems to be available but when this is clicked a message appears saying Custom Pages cannot be moved before standard pages (reasonable enough). Yet the custom tab was automatically placed before all the standard pages except the Main one. Is this a bug?

ID:6941
Lorna
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

I think custom tabs always appear in front of the 'special' tabs such as Facts, Media and All, but after the Main tab.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Jane is correct, but there does appear to be a minor error in the More Tab Tasks regarding the Move Tab Up/Down options.

The Main tab can be customised, but cannot be moved, so both the Move Tab Up/Down options should be greyed out.
Also the first Custom tab, cannot be moved up, so the  Move Tab Up option should be greyed out.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
LornaCraig
Megastar

Post by LornaCraig »

OK, thanks.  I wasn't sure if the custom tab was being put in the wrong place or the 'Move tab Up/Down' options were not appropriately greyed out.  It seems it's the latter.
Lorna