* Duplicate Persons

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Viper1812
Silver
Family Historian: V7

Duplicate Persons

Post by Viper1812 »

Hi I`m new to FH and don`t know enough about using it. I have managed to create a person twice but does not appear in the family property box. Can anyone help me with this and how i add to the family without having to re type it all then cancel the lone one? :?:
Roger
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Duplicate Persons

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to the FHUG.

I suspect that because you are new to FH you may not be using the best terminology to describe your problem.
It is almost certainly possible to continue without retyping data and delete the duplicate.
However, we need more details to avoid giving you the wrong advice.

How do you know you have created a person twice?

I think it might help us understand if you attach some screenshots of the problem.
To do that use the Windows Snip & Sketch or Snipping Tool to capture the screen then use the Copy command so you can Paste it into the Reply box here.
See Forum Usage Tips under Attachments and Taking Screenshots for details.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Viper1812
Silver

Post by Viper1812 »

Hi Thanks for your reply. I hope this screenshot works. I have highlighted the person who is on twice and i have opened the property box for one of them. There are slight differences in the facts as it appears i created them. Then when i have found more research i appear to have created him again. Neither of them however, appear in his family box.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-12-05 205325.png
Screenshot 2023-12-05 205325.png (200.2 KiB) Viewed 344 times
Roger
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Sorry, again I need more details.

Please post a screenshot of 'his family box' as I don't know what you are describing.

How do you know neither of them appear? Does yet another Mason Edward appear instead?

How different are the two records with Record Id 1039 and 1057?
Does one display all the details shown in the other, i.e. one is a true subset?
Depending on the two sets of details it may be better to merge the two records rather than delete one.

One idea ~
Select Record Id 1039, click the Focus magnifying glass button, then post a screenshot of the Focus Window.
Select Record Id 1057, click the Focus magnifying glass button, then post a screenshot of that Focus Window.

You can attach up to three screenshots to one reply.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Viper1812
Silver

Post by Viper1812 »

Hi, it was getting to difficult. As such i added him to his fathers property Box and Deleted the others. So i only have one now. Thanks for your assistance.
Roger