* text copied from citation window...

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
fhtess65
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

text copied from citation window...

Post by fhtess65 »

A bit of an odd question, but I've noticed when copying a citation from the side panel and pasting into a word processor document (I use Atlantis, but it happens in Word as well), the font is very big - as in 16.5! I then have to highlight and reduce the font size. Each and every time. I haven't seen anywhere that allows me to set the font for the side panel, and elsewhere, I've set my font size at 14. Am I missing something key? If there's nothing to be done, I'll live with it, but it does seem odd.

Thanks,

Teresa :)
---
Teresa Basińska Eckford
Librarian & family historian
http://writingmypast.wordpress.com
Researching: Spong, Ferdinando, Taylor, Lawley, Sinkins, Montgomery; Basiński, Hilferding, Ratowski, Paszkiewicz
davidf
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: text copied from citation window...

Post by davidf »

Your could try a format-less paste (often Ctrl-Shift-V)?
Does not answer the puzzle though
David
Running FH 6.2.7. Under Wine on Linux (Ubuntu 22.04 LTS + LXDE 11)
fhtess65
Megastar

Post by fhtess65 »

davidf wrote: 17 Jun 2022 14:42 Your could try a format-less paste (often Ctrl-Shift-V)?
Does not answer the puzzle though
Right - I forgot to mention that yes, if I do a format-less paste, then I lose the italics in my collection names, so I have to re-do those, which is even more work than highlighting and reducing the font size.

T
---
Teresa Basińska Eckford
Researching: Spong, Ferdinando, Taylor, Lawley, Sinkins, Montgomery; Basiński, Hilferding, Ratowski, Paszkiewicz
BillH
Megastar

Post by BillH »

fhtess65 wrote: 17 Jun 2022 14:30 I haven't seen anywhere that allows me to set the font for the side panel, and elsewhere, I've set my font size at 14.
The font size used the in side panel is the same font size used in the property box. See Tools > Preferences > Property Box and set the Text: font size. The displayed size could also be affected by Screen Font Scaling if you are using that.

Just as an aside, when I cut and paste from the side panel into Word, the font size seems to stay the same.

Bill
Bill Henshaw
fhtess65
Megastar

Post by fhtess65 »

Hmmm...I did wonder if the Screen Font Scaling was the culprit, as I already have the font in the property box set to TNR 14... unfortunately, I really need that scaling as otherwise the fonts in some windows are just too small to be comfortable. I will experiment anyway, just to verify that it is indeed the SFS causing the issue.

Thanks for the input!!

Teresa :)
BillH wrote: 17 Jun 2022 15:50
fhtess65 wrote: 17 Jun 2022 14:30 I haven't seen anywhere that allows me to set the font for the side panel, and elsewhere, I've set my font size at 14.
The font size used the in side panel is the same font size used in the property box. See Tools > Preferences > Property Box and set the Text: font size. The displayed size could also be affected by Screen Font Scaling if you are using that.

Just as an aside, when I cut and paste from the side panel into Word, the font size seems to stay the same.

Bill
---
Teresa Basińska Eckford
fhtess65
Megastar

Post by fhtess65 »

So, the screen font scaling is definite the problem...very frustrating. Can anyone think of a way around this? Is it worth raising the issue with CP, though I'm not really sure there's much they can do? I might just have to pick my poison, so to speak.

Thanks,

Teresa
---
Teresa Basińska Eckford
BillH
Megastar

Post by BillH »

I'm glad you discovered what the issue is. I'm not sure how best to correct it. I just leave the display scaling at 100% and adjust the font sizes as needed. That works for me, but may not work for you.

Bill
Bill Henshaw
Mark1834
Megastar

Post by Mark1834 »

I think it is worth raising, but like you, I suspect it is unfixable. It appears that the display zoom changes the actual font size, not just how it is displayed. At 100% zoom, the default font size in the Rich Text Editor is 10 pt, but change the zoom to 150% and it becomes 15 pt!
Mark Draper
fhtess65
Megastar

Post by fhtess65 »

Unfortunately it doesn't as I need the scaling to make it comfortable to use the source templates. My eyes aren't getting any younger!!

I'll just live with it.

Teresa
BillH wrote: 17 Jun 2022 20:50 I'm glad you discovered what the issue is. I'm not sure how best to correct it. I just leave the display scaling at 100% and adjust the font sizes as needed. That works for me, but may not work for you.

Bill
---
Teresa Basińska Eckford
BillH
Megastar

Post by BillH »

Ah... I don't use templates so haven't run into this problem.

Bill
Bill Henshaw