* AgeAt() in Years and Months

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
dbnut
Famous
Family Historian: V7

AgeAt() in Years and Months

Post by dbnut »

Apologies if this has been raised before ( I did check KB & Forums).

The 1921 Census prompted me to look at formatting a string with calculated age in years and months. That doesn't seem possible without excruciating pain using a couple of TimeSpan() plus extra calculation. Hope I'm wrong :) .
Paul White
"Family Historian is not just for Christmas, but for Life"
tatewise
Megastar

Re: AgeAt() in Years and Months

Post by tatewise »

You may be correct Paul.
What are your input values to the calculation and where is the resulting age to be displayed?

Presumably, you know that any Fact Age can be entered in Years & Months directly.
So it can be entered directly from the 1921 Census details.
Thereafter, the 1921 Census Age can simply be displayed wherever it is needed.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
dbnut
Famous

Re: AgeAt() in Years and Months

Post by dbnut »

tatewise wrote: 27 Apr 2022 15:16 You may be correct Paul.
What are your input values to the calculation and where is the resulting age to be displayed?
Hi, Mike, thanks for answering. This is the way I use input ages and the calculated value [shown in square brackets].

Obviously there would be some benefit for such comparisons if an option for AgeAt() to display as yrs + mns were available. And the evidence shows the calculation "internally" does take account of differences down to day level.

For my part, there is (now) a great attraction for this feature. Saving diminishing brain-power resources in other parts of the diagram!
Attachments
Age At Function.png
Age At Function.png (46.13 KiB) Viewed 656 times
Paul White
"Family Historian is not just for Christmas, but for Life"