* Producing a Timeline of events for a place

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
HampshireLass
Gold
Family Historian: V7

Producing a Timeline of events for a place

Post by HampshireLass » 13 Jan 2022 16:40

Forgive me if I have missed any topics on this, I have looked, but couldn't find an answer after a quick search.

All of my Family back beyond my Grandparents lived almost exclusively in Hampshire, England, and in a small number of villages.

I know that I have a knotty tree. I would like to be able to produce individual timelines for several villages showing all the Family events that took place there across all of my Ancestors, primarily BMD, Baptism and burial, and census records.

Is this possible please?

If so, can you point me to any references that already exist for this that I have missed, or, tell me in VERY SIMPLE terms how I can produce such a timeline.

Thank you

neil40
Diamond

Re: Producing a Timeline of events for a place

Post by neil40 » 13 Jan 2022 17:18

There is a Knowledge Base article on timelines here https://fhug.org.uk/kb/download/timelin ... -overview/ - don't know if this is what you are looking for?
Neil Grantham
Researching Grantham, Skuce, Barrow and Birchall

HampshireLass
Gold

Post by HampshireLass » 13 Jan 2022 17:31

Thank you for your reply.

This topic seems to refer to individuals, and the different reports that can be produced for them, whereas I am concerned with producing a report of a timeline of events for a Place, that includes all my Ancestors and their events associated with them, in that place. I am using V.7

Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane » 13 Jan 2022 18:13

That is fairly easy to do with a Fact query and filter it on the placenames you want.

A good starting point is the Events near place, which is a standard query, which you can copy and customise.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

HampshireLass
Gold

Post by HampshireLass » 13 Jan 2022 18:36

Jane

Thank you, I have manage to produce what I wanted with your instruction.

I didn't think to look directly in Queries. I was concentrating on Maps and Publish but hadn't followed through to Queries from there.