* FAMILY QUESTIONAIRE: is there a printable questionaire within FH

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
itr674
Silver
Family Historian: V7

FAMILY QUESTIONAIRE: is there a printable questionaire within FH

Post by itr674 »

is there a printable questionaire within FH that can be printed and mailed to family members?
tatewise
Megastar

Re: FAMILY QUESTIONAIRE: is there a printable questionaire within FH

Post by tatewise »

Sorry ~ no.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

What I have used previously is
Family Group Sheet and Blanks

Which prints Family Group sheets and includes the Birth, Marriage, Death fields with underlines even if they are empty.

However in these modern times I often find using Zoom or a Laptop if you can meet in person and drawing out a diagram while talking to a person is much more effective as you often get more information than you would if you provide a form to be filled.

Another good way if you have access to a larger printer is to print some charts with a text scheme which includes _____ where values are not set. This has the advantage if you are meeting people that they add boxes for missing people on the paper. We did this a family reunion and when I brought the chart home it had another 120 boxes added. Which took at lot of checking, but helped a lot.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
itr674
Silver

Post by itr674 »

Jane, thank you and I believe I can make that work.
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

You also might find this example of questions to ask helpful.

20 family history questions to ask your grandparents

A lot depends on if you are wanting to build a history or just a bare bones tree. For me it's the stories I like rather than the "climb".
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."