* All Source / Media documents

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: All Source / Media documents

Post by tatewise »

Start with the FHUG Knowledge Base Download Fact Query Citation Details. ( See also Citation Details – Multiple. )

That has Columns for more than you need but gives more examples than the standard All Facts query.
You can remove the Columns you don't want.
It already has a Cit. Image %FACT.SOUR[1].OBJE[1]>% column for Media linked to the Citation itself.
You may need to add Source Media Record Media %FACT.SOUR[1]>OBJE[1]>% for Media linked to the Source Record.
Do you know whether you are looking for Citation Media or Source Media?
You'll need to add FILE[1] to the end of those Data Refs to show the actual Filename path.
All the above can be derived from the Fields data reference assistant on the left.

However, they only refer to the 1st SOUR[1] Source Citation for each Fact and the 1st OBJE[1] linked Media.
So you will need to add SOUR[2], SOUR[3], et seq and OBJE[2], OBJE[3], et seq to include 2nd, 3rd, etc, instances.
e.g. %FACT.SOUR[3]>OBJE[2]>FILE[1]% refers to the 3rd Source Citation and its 2nd linked Media file.

The Rows filter will need to use the =IsInList(...) function on the Owner Individual and the Named List.
However, that gets more complex for Family facts that have two Individual Owners. We can discuss that later.

The Rows filter must also exclude Facts without the Source Citations and Media you are looking for.
Do you need help with that?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
LornaCraig
Megastar

Post by LornaCraig »

I know this is not quite what you want, because it deals with only one person at a time, but in case it is of interest are you aware of the options in the menu on the cog wheel icon of the media tab in the Individual Property box? The second option is to View Media Linked to.. (the individual). You then see a list of tick boxes for the Record itself, Associated Events/Facts, Associated Places, Associated Sources and Citations, and Spouse family records. By ticking all the boxes you get a complete display, and list, of all the media linked in any way to the individual.
Lorna
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

sago_palm43 wrote: 30 Nov 2021 01:26 I am totally displeased with FHUG!!!
We are all users trying to help another user. If that displeases you, that's unfortunate.
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

Contact us to delete your account.

Mike's suggestion was a good one, as a starting point, if you had been willing to work with him to take it further, as he suggested.

Alternatively, there is a plugin that could be modified to achieve what you want: List All Related Media.

As it stands, it deals with a single individual (the currently selected one), and does not show the media file details, but it would be relatively easy for an experienced plugin programmer to include the media file details, and also to deal with all individuals in a Named List or a selected set of individuals.
E Wilcock
Megastar

Post by E Wilcock »

To clarify. This FHUG is a user run forum with volunteer helpers. Technical questions and ommissions should be taken up and discussed with the authors of the software Calico Pie.

I seem to remember that when I wanted to send information about a group of people who took part in a political protest to a historian unfamiliar with GEDCOM, I directed him to genealogy software, but as an alternative I output a series of individual reports which showed all the sources for each person.
I probably did this by by creating and using a list report.
ColeValleyGirl
Megastar

Post by ColeValleyGirl »

The user sagopalm has now been deleted.