* Printing report Sources with text and image

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
royp
Gold
Family Historian: V7

Printing report Sources with text and image

Post by royp »

I am trying to find a way of printing the source page so that there is no page separation. Ok, I will try to explain.
I have a numbered source with the description and under that is a thumbnail of the document along with the file location etc.

most of the time, due to page space, I get the numbered source and description on the bottom of the page and the thumbnail on the next.

This as you can appreciate does not look nice and can appear that the info is missing. Is there a way round this issue.

As always
Many thanks for looking at my posting.
Last edited by tatewise on 17 Oct 2021 10:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Improved the Subject description
royp
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Printing report Sources with text and image

Post by tatewise »

That is a recurring complaint for which there is no simple solution.

In some scenarios, it is possible to use the Report > Options > Format tab and adjust the Hdg Style of a Hdg Level by setting a large 'Above Heading' Gap or 'Keep with Next' lines, but that does not work in this case.

In FH v7.0 there is a new Sources tab Location option of Right of Each Citation, but that still does not solve your problem.

Since you are still using FH v6.2.7 there is no fix possible. For FH v7.0 such problems should be reported to CP.

The only workaround is to Save Report As > Word-Processor Document (RTF) and edit the line breaks in a word-processor.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
royp
Gold

Post by royp »

Many thanks for your reply and I have updated my profile to version 7.

surely calico must know of this problem already.
royp
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

The only way to find out is to ask them via the http://www.calico-pie.com/osticket/open.php support centre.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry