* Book and Web Format

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Sparklingsilver
Family Historian: V6

Book and Web Format

Post by Sparklingsilver »

Although a new comer to "Family Historian" I have forty years of Genealogical Research Experience. I am testing FH 7 trial to see if it offers what I need. It is what I would call Genealogical Data Management which simply allows me to input every thing in book/web format. I have no interest in producing family trees, although small versions to include with family history could be useful. Another concerning aspect is for those of us visually impaired demonstration videos too small and indistinct to be useful. :geek: Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you for your help.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Book and Web Format

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to the FHUG.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "input every thing in book/web format".
Certainly, FH does not support entering family history data like that.
FH requires you to create database records for each Individual and add their historical Facts such as Birth, Baptism, Marriage, Census, Death, Burial, Probate, etc. The family relationships for spouses and children link the records together.

Then FH provides tools to produce Reports, Books, Diagrams, Webpages, etc, derived from those records and facts.

As far as I am aware, most if not all genealogical products work that way.

To enter details in a book format would need something like a word-processor.
To enter details in a web format would need a website design tool.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry