* Add Frame Link of Specific Proportion

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
ADC65
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Add Frame Link of Specific Proportion

Post by ADC65 »

I have searched diligently for an answer to this but I can't find anything - but apologies if there is an article somewhere I've missed.

Is it possible to constrain the proportions of the surrounding box when adding a Frame Link to a media item, e.g., around a person's face? The general approach for things like this is to press the SHIFT key when dragging, and this normally constrains the box to a square (in fact, this appears to be the behaviour when adding shapes to Diagrams).

Even better would be if the box could be of a defined proportion, e.g., 1:2.

Thanks for any advice,
Adrian.
Adrian Cook
Researching Cook, Summers, Phipps and Bradford, mainly in Wales and the South West of England
LornaCraig
Megastar

Re: Add Frame Link of Specific Proportion

Post by LornaCraig »

Sorry, I don't think that is possible. I can see that it would be useful if you want to produce a fairly uniform set of 'headshots'. I'm afraid it's just a case of holding a ruler against the screen and adjusting the proportions manually!
Lorna
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

That feature is already in Wish List Ref 473 Constrain Aspect Ratio when adding image Media that you can Vote for.
Do set the Vote value greater than 0 or it won't count.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
ADC65
Superstar

Post by ADC65 »

Thank you both. Apologies that I didn't see the Wish List item Mike, thanks for pointing me to it. And thanks for the tip Lorna, but I think I might be getting a bit obsessive if I start getting my ruler out for that! :lol:
Adrian Cook
Researching Cook, Summers, Phipps and Bradford, mainly in Wales and the South West of England