* Property Box stuck in Norwegian

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Property Box stuck in Norwegian

Post by tatewise »

In attempting to assist with the Born and Died in Main tab. (19672) posting, I have ended up with the FH Main tab in all Projects having the label Fødsel: instead of Born: and Død: instead of Died:, i.e. Norwegian labels.
When direct importing a TMG project, I set the TMG Import Options for Language:* to Norwegian.
Also in the Header record, I set the Language to Norwegian/Norsk (NOR) for that one Project.

However, I have cleared the Header record Language but the Norwegian labels persist in all Projects, even though I never changed most of them. Help! How do I reset those two labels?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Gowermick
Megastar

Re: Property Box stuck in Norwegian

Post by Gowermick »

What!!
Mike Tate asking for help! What is the world coming to?😀😀😀
Mike Loney

Website http://www.loney.tribalpages.com
http://www.mickloney.tribalpages.com
GeneSniper
Superstar

Post by GeneSniper »

Silly question maybe, but have you shut down your PC and restarted it. You know computers, they sometimes need a restart for some changes to take place even when they shouldn't.
William

* Illegitimi non carborundum *
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Yes, I've Shutdown and rebooted, and Restarted, and searched for Død in the Windows Registry, C:\Windows\ folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Family Historian\ folder, and C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\ folder without success.

The problem persists in both my Administrator account and a Standard User account.

I have yet to try reinstalling FH v7 but beginning to wonder if it is a bug.
ColinMc
Superstar

Post by ColinMc »

I suspect everyone on this forum would love to be able to help you as you've helped us so much, but this poster can't offer any help. sorry.
Colin McDonald - Researching McDonald, McGillivray, Tait, Rountree families
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Ah! Found it in the Property Box tab customisation, where editing Fødsel back to Born and Død back to Died in several places restored normality!
Can't explain why searching C:\ProgramData\Calico Pie\Family Historian\ folder did not find it?
Can't explain why only Born and Died were upset and not the other labels such as Name, Note, Sex, Occupation, Marr, Status?